Topic: Christ Gospel As The Footprint For A New Life
Text: Colossians 3:8-10, Ephesians 4:20-24
Footprints are marks or impression left by the foot, shoes of a person on the ground or a surface. In Ephesians 4: 20-24 we read of the those who got to know the footprint of Jesus by hearing about Jesus and were admonished to get rid of their old self which is corrupt, lustful and deceitful. For a man who goes to the seashore, he would see the footprint of others before him and he could also leave his footprints in the sands of the seashore. If you desire a new life then you must follow the footprint of our Lord and saviour Jesus Christ laid down in the scriptures.
To make heaven you must possess the new life; it is only a believer in Christ that can see the footprints of Jesus that leads to Heaven; our Lord Jesus left his footprints in his gospels written down by men inspired by the Holy Spirit.
Christy Turlington said and I quote ”so much of religion is exegesis. I would rather follow in the footprints of Christ than all of the dogma.”
It is one thing to see footprints and it is another thing to walk in the steps of the footprints, therefore; If you choose to follow the footprints of Jesus and chose to walk in the steps of Jesus, then be rest assured of eternity with Christ and reward instead of punishment or condemnation on the last day.
Coordinates In The Gospel That Reflects The New Life Through Christ Jesus
- The footprints of love: our Lord Jesus Christ left his footprints of love for the sinner and for our enemies; if we so choose to follow after the footprints of Jesus as described in the gospel then we must follow after his examples for love for the sinner and our enemies. Mark 5:38-46, John 15:9-14. A new life in Christ is a life of love to others.
- Jesus the footprints to the father: In John 14:1-11, we read about the occasion of Thomas the apostle asking Jesus where he was going and how he could know the way and Jesus replied him saying if he wants to know the way to the Father then He [Jesus] is the way, the truth and the life and no man can get to the Father except through him.
- Jesus the footprint to our rest: Our rest lies in the new life with Christ Jesus and this can be reached only if we follow the footprint of Christ that creates a path to our rest. Matthew 11:28-29. Man after the fall in Eden lost the path to eternal rest but Jesus came to show the way, leaving the footprints for us to follow to reach eternal rest for our souls; Hebrews 4:1-11.
- Jesus the footprint for new life: the old man lives a life that is contrary to God and therefore needs to be put off ; the footprints of the old man are anger, malice, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication from the mouth, Colossians 3:8-10, Galatians 5:19-21; we therefore have to put on the new man which is renewed by our coming to knowledge of Jesus Christ, the image of God which birth the new footprints of a new life which are love, joy,peace,longsuffering,gentleness,goodness,faith,meekness,temperance ;Galatians 5:22-25.
- The footprint for a new life that gives a new Spirit: the comforter is the spirit that guides into the new life, king David gave us the insight of the Holy Spirit that gives a new life which remains in the presence of God and this was manifested in the promise of Jesus for the new life with the spirit of truth and the arrival of the Holy Ghost at Pentecost. John 15:26-27, 16:7-8.
The footprint for the new life in Christ is propagated through the gospel which by the appearing of Jesus Christ abolished death and hath brought a new life and immortality to mankind; 2 Tim 1:10. The new life is only found in Christ Jesus alone and this life is a life of regeneration of the spirit man which makes old things replaced with the new things. 2 Corinth 5:17. Christians today have replaced the footprint of the Gospel of Christ with the footprints of men and this have make the flock to miss the path to Heaven; now if you are hunger and thirst for the new life in Christ therefore you must obey the gospel of Christ preached undiluted and written in the Holy scriptures to enjoy new life unto eternity.
Evang. Oyewole A. Ojo